Middle School Golf, LLC Release of Liability
Effective from 8/1/2020
Participants in MSG events must agree to this Release form at registration before participating in any events.
Please Read Carefully!
In exchange for participation in Golf Event(s) organized by Middle School Golf, LLC, and/or use of the property, facilities, and services of Middle School Golf LLC and/or any courses on which golf events occur, I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family to the following:
1. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by Middle School Golf LLC, or the employees, representatives or agents of Middle School Golf LLC and/or any employees of courses on which golf events occur.
2. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge Middle School Golf LLC for injury, loss and damage arising out of my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of Middle School Golf LLC and any courses on which golf events occur, whether caused by fault of myself, my family, Middle School Golf LLC, or other third parties.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend Middle School Golf LLC against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of Middle School Golf LLC and/or any courses on which golf events occur.
4. FEES. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of Middle School Golf LLC and/or any courses on which golf events occur by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by me or my family.
5. CONSENT. I give consent for this minor(s) to participate in the Golf Tournament/event, and agree on behalf of the minor(s) to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By registering and/or participating in a Middle School Golf event, I represent that I have legal authority over and custody of said minor(s).
6. MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION. In the event of an injury to the above minor(s) during the above described activities, I give my permission to Middle School Golf LLC or to the employees, representatives or agents of Middle School Golf LLC to arrange for all necessary medical treatment for which I shall be financially responsible. This medical authorization will remain in effect until terminated in writing. Middle School Golf LLC shall have the following powers:
The power to seek appropriate medical treatment or attention on behalf of my child as may be required by the circumstances, including without limitation, that of a licensed medical physician and/or a hospital;
The power to authorize medical treatment or medical procedures in an emergency situation; and
The power to make appropriate decisions regarding clothing, bodily nourishment and shelter.
7. APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Florida law.
8. NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign/agree to this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that Middle School Golf LLC has offered to refund any fees that I have paid if I choose not to sign this Agreement.
9. ARM'S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arm's length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either "for" or "against" a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity.
10. ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation within 30 days, the parties will resolve the dispute by binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrators award will be final, and judgement may be entered upon it by any court having proper jurisdiction.
In simple terms, you will not be able to sue or hold liable Middle School Golf LLC and/or its officers, directors, employees, members, subsidiaries, agents, successors, managers, and volunteers for anything. You will participate at your own risk.
BY REGISTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN MIDDLE SCHOOL GOLF LLC ACTIVITIES, YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND UNDERSTAND IT. AS A PARTICIPANT WITH MIDDLE SCHOOL GOLF LLC, YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY READING THIS RELEASE AND REGISTERING TO ATTEND A MIDDLE SCHOOL GOLF EVENT, CAMP, OR ACTIVITY YOU ARE VOLUNATRILY SURRENDERING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
Effective as of August 1, 2020